At RightScale we are transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will positively influence the buying behavior of prospective customers by using effective opening and needs-dialogue consultative selling techniques. You will escalate qualified leads to quota-carrying senior account executives.
You will interact with CIOs, vice presidents of IT, enterprise architects, infrastructure and operations engineers, and consultants, and will competently discuss cloud technologies in the RightScale ecosystem, including offerings from RightScale, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Rackspace.
A typical day’s activities include:
- Pre-call researching and planning.
- Interacting with prospective customers via phone, email, chat, and social media.
- Updating Salesforce.com with your activities.
- Strategizing with managers and quota-carrying reps.
- Celebrating escalations and learning from mistakes.
Qualifications and skills we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience preferred, though you may be entry-level or an experienced veteran looking for a change of pace or a shot at the high-tech industry.
- Experience with large organizations (1,000+ employees) a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based office software (Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Microsoft Office) preferred.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara.
- You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options.
- You'll stay well fed with Monday lunches, beer on tap, wine in the fridge, and stocked snacks.
- We offer yoga, core workouts, meditation, and have ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups.
- We host regular social events, including the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- Be part of the RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly innovation time for engineers.
- You'll have support for professional growth through ongoing learning opportunities both inside and outside RightScale.
Sounds good? We would love to have you to join us and help us push the boundaries of cloud computing.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in sales and technology to apply.