RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to be based in our downtown Santa Barbara office. We are looking for those who want to take on challenges and experience start-up life, yet work for big customers doing innovative IT work. You'll have an opportunity to work across our technology stack, develop new features, and be involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, architecture and design, UX and wireframes, to coding and testing.
What you'll do:
- Actively participate in an agile software development life-cycle, decomposing requirements, documenting and discussing the design, estimation and implementation.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot multi-layered, SOA structured, cloud-based software application in Ruby, Go, and AngularJS.
- Develop rapid prototypes and participate in pair programming.
- Contribute to the knowledge base, wiki and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
You'll be expected to have:
- Experience in developing web applications, and can show us your personal/work projects.
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Ruby, Python, PHP, Java), model-view-controller framework experience is a plus.
- Experience developing on Linux environments.
- Excellent communication skills to work within and across teams.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara
- A competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options
- Monday lunches, beer on tap, wine in the fridge, and stocked snacks
- Yoga, core workouts, meditation, ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. (Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.)
Sounds good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.