RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
The Accounts Receivable / Collections Specialist will be responsible for the efficient & effective collection of outstanding customer AR balances. In addition, this position will provide input and support to the analysis of collectability of specific accounts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute collection calls and/or email correspondence including dunning letters in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections department. Weekly tracking and telephone communication to outstanding customer accounts meeting certain criteria.
- Provide superior customer service and work with cross-functional teams (sales & accounting organizations) to accelerate the collection issues.
- Track AR collection efforts using company systems at specific service levels.
- Process customer refunds and other account adjustments; resolve client discrepancies.
- Create & maintain collection metrics for various key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Minimum AA degree in a finance-related field
- Related experience in a collections capacity
- Ability to effectively communicate & work in a team atmosphere
- Superior verbal, documentation and written business communication skills
- Proficient in accounting systems, with strong skills in Excel, Word, Email
- Process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Ability to evaluate and judge materiality and other related issues
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under tight time constraints
- Proactive, efficient, organized and diligent
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara
- A competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options
- Monday lunches, beer on tap, wine in the fridge, and stocked snacks
- Yoga, core workouts, meditation, ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Sounds good? Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.