RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will help define, implement and execute the processes that will enable us to build quality software and provide our users with a reliable service. RightScale is headquartered by the beach in Santa Barbara, CA, and has a team in Edinburgh at CodeBase, the largest technology incubator in Scotland, as well as ‘cloudies’ (our remote employees) around the world.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform acceptance testing of new features as part of a story-driven agile development process
- Work with developers to plan scope of unit and integration tests for test-driven development
- Develop and enhance our regression tests for our UI, API and backend systems
- Write automated test cases for every story that is ready to be shipped to production (we do not perform any manual verifications on the production systems)
- Participate in production release deployment verification (we ship every week)
You'll be expected to have:
- QA Testing experience using agile practices and working as part of a Scrum team
- Experience of writing automated, functional, acceptance, regression and unit test scripts
- Experience of manual and exploratory test methods for web applications
- 1-3 years of experience with an object-oriented language
- Experience with configuration management such as GIT
- Experience with following is a plus:
- Continuous integration, we use Jenkins.
- Experience with frameworks such as Selenium and Protractor.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Go and Rails
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology.
- Ability to work with minimal direction while maintaining a high level of productivity.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara or a remote work option
- A competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options
- Monday lunches, beer on tap, wine in the fridge, and stocked snacks
- Yoga, core workouts, meditation, ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups
- We spend every other Friday hacking on what we like; this is our iTime (innovation time), where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to ship industry changing products. We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.