RightScale is transforming the way enterprises orchestrate, automate, and govern applications, managing cloud resources and costs across all significant cloud providers. We’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
We are looking for a Software Engineer focused on Business Intelligence to be based in our Santa Barbara office. This role is hands-on and requires a solid understanding of the software development process, a strong skill set with the Ruby programming language and MySQL, and the willingness to perform and finalize needed tasks to maintain a high level of service for our user community. You must have a passion to learn new tools and techniques and embrace change in this fast-paced environment.
What you'll do on the job:
- Work with business and engineering teams to develop data integration solutions
- Investigate and interpret the behaviors of SaaS applications and understand their data models
- Develop and maintain integrations between data pipelines, SaaS applications, and cloud-based internal applications
- Analyze use-cases, gather requirements, and write technical specifications of new integration and data projects to help achieve company goals and streamline business processes
- Design, implement, and maintain data integration pipelines for business analytics and usage billing
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Experience and strong skill set with an object-oriented language (Ruby strongly preferred)
- Advanced MySQL analysis and query-tuning skills
- Strong knowledge of git/GitHub for version control, peer review, and multiple developers working in a single code base
- Experience building and launching data pipelines
- Design, implementation, and troubleshooting skills in complex enterprise SaaS deployments
- Domain proficiency with one or more SaaS applications (e.g. Salesforce, Zuora, JIRA, Zendesk)
- Experience developing on Linux environments
- Excellent communication skills; an ability to convey ideas and efficiently discuss complex matters with stakeholders from different departments
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Salesforce Apex / Visualforce
- Excel: pivot tables, VLOOKUP, spreadsheet formulas
- Micro-frameworks (Sinatra, Flask)
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- A welcoming and casual office environment in downtown Santa Barbara
- A competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options
- Monday lunches, beer on tap, wine in the fridge, and stocked snacks
- Yoga, core workouts, meditation, ultimate frisbee, philanthropy & sustainability groups
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime.
Join us and collaborate with extremely talented and passionate colleagues to lead the cloud computing revolution. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.